Monday, June 23, 2008

iTunes Drama

After having to reformat my laptop several times, I've finally gotten around to loading all my old mp3s back onto the computer from my external hard drive. Thankfully, I was a good girl and backed up my files. Unfortunately, I never backed up iTunes. That means that I'm starting back from square one on making playlists, deleting duplicate songs, and fixing the tags. My iTunes is currently a hellish jumble of songs with the artists mispelled, album art that I painstakingly added is gone, and the artist AND title all in the title line of the song. I blame my Napster and WinMX days, where there was no iTunes, and I didn't care what the tags looked like in Winamp. My OCD has kicked in, and I want everything to look pretty again. I can't even begin to remake my playlists until I can actually search for an artist or title.

I was an idiot and purchased FIXTunes for the low price of $29.95. Bad idea. It took prefectly tagged songs and completely screwed them up. Metallica's "Enter Sandman" is now suddenly "Mr. Sandman - Bring Me A Dream" by the Chordettes. Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" is now "Chasing Cars" by freaking KIDZ Bop!

Suggestions? There has to be some program out there that does this for me. I'm lazy. And, cheap. Help me out here.

No comments: