Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th is in full force today. Took the metro from VA to DC around 8:45am, blissfully unaware that anything was wrong. I chose to watch Designing Women and Cheers on TVLand this AM, instead of getting my local news fix on News Channel 8. Started noticing that the stations were quite dark. Got off at McPhereson Square in the pitch dark, actually had to WALK up the escalator. You wouldn't believe the able-bodied people mad about this. Was greeted by no traffic lights, and incredibly cranky traffic police directing traffic. Walk up 13th to my office, to find that the power is out, and it's impossible to get past the lobby. HR and our facilities manager tell us to go home. Whee! Turned around, went back to VA, and I'm now waiting for my pool to open at noon. HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH! W00t!

No comments: